The Old Stone House is a member of the Historic House Trust of New York City and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. A Robert Moses-WPA-era reconstruction of the Dutch farmhouse originally built along the shores of the Gowanus creek by the Vechte family in 1699, the house was the culminating site of the Battle of Brooklyn in August 1776 - the largest battle of the Revolutionary War It was also the original clubhouse for the Brooklyn Dodgers, starting in 1883. Join us on October 11 for the third annual Kings County Fiber Festival, including artists creating design works that incorporate fiber as an integral material, as well as fiber suppliers. Also on October 11, register for a live fire bread baking class with chef Paula Marcoux. The Old Stone House has an exhibit devoted to the Battle of Brooklyn, as well as contemporary work by Gowanus-based artists and one and a half acres of gardens that incorporate native and useful plants overseen by gardener Claudia Joseph.
Old Stone House
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Vechte Cortelyou, 1699; reconstruction, 1934; renovation 2012