Volunteer for OHNY Weekend
Volunteer registration for the 2016 Open House New York Weekend on Saturday and Sunday, October 15 and 16 has closed.
• The opportunity to meet others who share your interest in architecture, design, history, and New York City's built environment
• Front-of-the-line access for you and a friend at all OHNY Weekend sites that do not require Advance Reservations
• A limited-edition OHNY volunteer t-shirt and OHNY volunteer button, which identifies you as an official OHNY volunteer
• Complete one volunteer shift (average shift is four hours long) on Saturday or Sunday of OHNY Weekend, October 15-16
• Greeting visitors and asking them to sign up for the OHNY mailing list
• Managing lines
Do I get to pick my site?
Due to the high volume of sites and volunteers, OHNY staff does not have the capacity to field placement requests. Volunteer assignments are based on availability, interest, and accessibility.
Can I volunteer with a friend?
Absolutely! On the registration form, you can indicate the name of a friend with whom you would like to volunteer, and we will do our best to place you together – just make sure you are available at the same times. Spread the word, and tell a friend about volunteering at OHNY Weekend!
When and where are the volunteer orientation sessions?
All volunteers are required to attend one orientation session of approximately 90 minutes at PS41, The Greenwich School, 116 West 11th Street at Sixth Avenue, on one of the following days:
• Saturday, September 24th at 10:30 AM
• Tuesday, September 27th at 6:30 PM
What happens at the volunteer orientation sessions?
At this orientation, you will:
• Receive your OHNY Weekend site assignment
• Pick up your limited-edition OHNY volunteer t-shirt and OHNY volunteer button, which identifies you as an official OHNY volunteer and grants you front-of-the-line access to sites that do not require reservations throughout the Weekend
• Meet your District Coordinator, OHNY staff, and other volunteers
• Learn what is expected of you as an OHNY volunteer and ask questions about the volunteer experience
If I am a past volunteer, do I need to attend an orientation session?
If you have volunteered during OHNY Weekend for three or more years, you are only required to pick up your assignment materials and t-shirt at the beginning of the orientation and may leave before the presentation begins.
I have other questions!
Email Ashley Davis, OHNY Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: while OHNY makes every effort to place all volunteers who register, due to varying site needs, registration does not guarantee placement.